Access database is a database program in Office interplanting, today I have a problem updating the query can not be executed, in fact, not only update queries, it’s estimated that insert, delete query , maybe all the data modification can not be implemented. In fact, it is due to Office enhanced the security mechanisms, we can solve the problem just by modifying some settings.
Methods / steps
1. In access, the program was written a simple update query, when executed, there is a message form action or event has been stopped by disabled mode on the bottom left corner of the status bar.
2. Modify the security settings, click on the icon in the upper left corner of the circle office in the pop-up menu, select Access Options.
3. In the new window that opens, click on the Trust Center on the left, then click on the Trust Center Settings button on the bottom right corner.
4. In the new window that opens, select the left side of the Macro Settings option, on the right side you can see, the default is Disable all macros with notification, this is the default setting after installation, if what you see is not the default option, then it is self-modified.
5. Switch the option to Enable all macros settings(not recommended: might run potentially dangerous code) and click OK. The potential danger here, refers to the unknown source database files obtained, , if the database is running by your own design, generally will not have problem.
6.Click OK, restart access, run the update query, if all things OK, there‘s a message prompts that access is running correctly.
1. After modifying the settings, you need to restart the Access program to take effect.
2. If after you did all the above steps yet the problem of access2007 unable to perform the task can not be resolved, then we need to use specialized software to completely uninstall access 2007, and then reinstall it.